1. Read: The 2014 Application Guidelines thoroughly.
2. Gather: Required Documents and other supplemental forms. Be sure to read instructions carefully and submit all necessary documents.
3. Apply Online: Fill out Online Form. It can be saved and completed in stages. Once you have answered all questions, select the option to Check Your Application. After reviewing your answers, you will be able to submit online. After submitting, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive an email, please log in to your account and check that you have submitted the online form.
4. Print: After submitting the online form, you will see an option to print in either HTML or PDF. Print all pages of the application as a PDF. Do not print as HTML, your application may be disqualified. The printed online form will produce the Main Application Form, the Authorization and Release Form and the Self-Assessment Medical Form.
5. Sign: Sign and date the Main Application Form, the Authorization and Release Form and the Self-Assessment Medical Form in the designated locations. Fill in all the blanks of the Authorization and Release Form with your information. Make photocopies of each document.
7. Send: Your application packet must be sent to the JET Program Office at the Embassy of Japan in Washington DC. Please note that Consulates General of Japan WILL NOT accept the JET Program application. Please carefully read and follow all Mailing Instructions. Alternatively, you may hand-deliver the the application, if you prefer.