Recruiting for the Invitation Program for
Japanese American Students
About the Program:
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan is pleased to offer the opportunity for 4 Japanese American high school students to travel to Japan in order to learn more about the country and promote mutual understanding and exchanges between Japanese and Japanese American younger generations. Please see below for the details of the program:
Invitation Program for Japanese American Students (June/July, 2018) Program Description
Sponsored by: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Period: From June 23 to July 3, 2018
- Provide Japanese American students with an opportunity to learn various aspects of Japan (politics, economy, society, history, culture, language, etc.).
- Promote mutual understanding and exchanges between Japanese and Japanese American younger generations.
Number of Participants: 4
- Japanese American High school students
(High school students with multi racial background are highly encouraged to apply.)
- Individuals who hold American Nationality and who do not hold Japanese Nationality
- Individuals who have strong interest in Japan
- Individuals who lack opportunity and need assistance to learn about Japan
- Individuals who were not previously invited to Japan by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan on the same program
Location of Home-stay: "Kanto" Area
Expenses to be Covered:
- Round-trip air ticket (Economy class) between US-Japan
(Airport Tax, Fuel surcharge included)
- Transportation fee within Japan
- Hotel and meals, Excursion fee, Insurance
Expenses NOT Covered:
- Passport issuance fee
- Transportation between your home and its nearest airport
- Communication expenses
- expenses of mini bar and other hotel services
- expenses of anything used for your private purpose
- June 23: Departure from the United States
- June 24: Arrival at Narita
- June 25: Visit Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan/Tokyo Tour
- June 26: Visit Japanese High School
- June 27: Trip to Kansai Area
- June 28: Trip to Kansai Area
- June 29: Trip to Kansai Area/Home Stay
- June 30: Home Stay
- July 1: Home Stay
- July 2: Tokyo Tour
- July 3: Departure from Japan
*Subject to change. To be confirmed later.
Applying to the Program
Applicants should submit the application form to the Consulate General of Japan of your region. The residents in the States of Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC should submit the application form to the Embassy of Japan. To find the Consulate General of Japan of your region, please visit:http://www.us.emb-japan.go.jp/jicc/consulate-guide.html.
For any inquiry, please contact Management and Coordination of the Embassy of Japan (Tel: 202-238-6700 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The deadline for submission of the application form to the Embassy of Japan (Email: email@example.com) is Tuesday, April 17, 2018.