The Embassy of Japan accepts donations for the Great East Japan Earthquake by
check. Accepted donations will be transferred to the Japanese Red Cross Society.
The original due was March 31st, 2015, now it is extented till March 31st, 2016.
・Payable to: Embassy of Japan
・For: “Earthquake Aid”
・Sending Address: Accounting Section, Embassy of Japan
(2520 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington D.C. 20008)
(1) When sending a personal check, please write "Earthquake Aid" on both the envelope
and memo line of the check. Please specify your name, address and e-mail address.
(2) Accepted donations will be remitted to the Japanese Red Cross Society.
Individual donor information will not be disclosed upon remittance to the Japanese
Red Cross Society.
(3) The Embassy of Japan will issue a receipt if requested. If you wish to have a receipt,
please send us a letter stating such a request to the Embassy, with your or
your organization's name and your or your organizations address.
Ｉf you have already made a donation and would like to have a receipt, please send us
a letter stating such a request with the above-mentioned information and document.
Please note: we understand that, in accordance with relevant laws and regulations,
it is difficult to receive a tax deduction for your donation paid into the Embassy’s
(4) Donations are accepted from both individuals and organizations.
(5) Donations can be accepted only in the format detailed above.