Thank you for your interest in working at the JICC. We are currently hiring for the following positions:
The Japan Information and Culture Center (JICC), Embassy of Japan, is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented individual for the position of Exhibition Coordinator. The main responsibilities of this position will include curating in-house exhibits at the JICC as well as working with other organizations on exhibitions. Please see below for a more detailed list of responsibilities.
The Embassy offers group health insurance coverage, paid vacation, and sick leave. Working hours are 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday with weeknight and/or weekend events several times a month (paid overtime). Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please note: Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. green card holder. Screening will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Only successful candidates will be contacted. All candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.
- Coordinate exhibitions at the JICC and collaborate on exhibitions with other organizations
- Organize JICC supplies and adapt them to gallery displays
- Design and create JICC window displays
- Assist diplomats for coordinating events together with other JICC staff
- Respond to inquiries about Japan
- Assist other JICC staff in the organization and execution of cultural events
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Bilingual in Japanese and English
- Deep knowledge and appreciation of Japanese culture
- Strong public speaking skills and experience delivering presentations
- High level of professionalism and respect
- Flexibility and resourcefulness
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organized and able to multi-task varying deadlines
- Computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Team-oriented self-starter
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
E-mail your resume, cover letter, and a copy of your university transcript(s) (need not be official) in .pdf format to: email@example.com
Please note in the subject line of your e-mail “Exhibition Coordinator”.
Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.
You can download a PDF of this information here (right-click on the link, then Save As).