Embassy of Japan in Washington DC
Official car driver
The Embassy of Japan is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented individual for the position of Official Car Driver. Candidates must be available to start working from June 10th. This individual is primarily responsible for driving official vehicles. Please see below for a detailed listing of responsibilities.
The Embassy offers group health insurance coverage, paid vacation and sick leave. Working hours are 9:00 am – 12:30 pm and 2:00 pm – 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday, with the occasional weekday morning, lunchtime, night and/or weekend event (paid overtime). Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please note: Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. green card holder. Screening will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Only successful candidates will be contacted. All candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.
In addition, this employment opportunity is subject to a probationary period of three months.
- Driving official Embassy cars as specified by the car dispatcher
- Ensuring the safety of the passengers and the Embassy Cars at all times
- Observing all traffic regulations and maintaining a clean driving record
- Researching traffic conditions and deciding the optimal route to your destination
- Confirming your car schedule with passengers and /or Embassy guest liaisons
- Greeting and assisting official guests to the Embassy when their Embassy liaison is not present
- Handling incoming and outgoing deliveries to/from the Embassy
- Keeping the Embassy cars clean
- Completing daily record sheets of your activities
- Submitting gasoline usage reports to the car dispatcher on the monthly basis
- Providing maintenance on your car and reporting these activities to the Accounting Section
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- Clean Driving Record
- Limousine Service Experience
- Fluent in English
- Familiarity with the Roads in the Washington Metro Area
How to apply:
E-mail the items below to: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 5th.
- Cover Letter
- All pages of 7-Year current driving record from MVA or DMV
- Health Certificate Signed by a Qualifying Physician
The Medical Examiner's Certificate (MEC), Form MCSA-5876 certificate can be found here:
*Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.