For individual who wishes to enter japan as personal help privately employed by U.S. Diplomat or U.S. Service Member.
- Applicant's valid passport, properly signed by bearer.
- "VISA APPLICATION FORM TO ENTER JAPAN" (available here), completely filled out and signed by the applicant.
- One photograph (2" x 2") attached to application form
- Two copies of employment contract.
- Two copies of visa applicant's resume.
- Letter from applicant's employer(in duplicate)guaranteeing living expenses while applicant is in Japan, return passage from Japan to the United States, and that the applicant will abide by the laws and regulations of the Government of Japan. Letter should indicate special circumstances to be considered if applicant will be working as a "nanny" in Japan.
- Enclosed Employee's Declaration(in duplicate)completely filled out and signed by applicant.
- Enclosed Employer's Declaration(in duplicate)completely filled out and signed by applicant's.
- Two copies of employers U.S. passport, U.S. governmental travel orders, and Japanese visa(if applicable).
- If applicant's employer is a U.S. service member: Submit letter of no objection from employer's commanding officer.
- non-U.S. citizens: U.S. "green card" or re-entry visa to the United States must be presented if applicant has an intention to return to the United States
The Embassy of Japan reserves the right to request additional documents if deemed necessary.
The Embassy of Japan will not make copies, if you need original documents, please bring the original and one copy.
Please allow roughly one week, at least four business days, to have your application reviewed.