Embassy of Japan in Washington DC
Official Car Driver
The Embassy of Japan is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented individual for the position of Official Car Driver who can start working from May 15th. This individual is primarily responsible for driving official vehicles. Please see below for a detailed listing of responsibilities.
The Embassy offers group health insurance coverage, paid vacation and sick leave. Working hours are 9:00 am – 12:30 pm and 2:00 pm – 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday, with the occasional weekday morning/lunch time/night and/or weekend event (paid overtime). Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please note: Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. green card holder. Screening will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Only successful candidates will be contacted. All candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.
- Driving official Embassy cars as specified by the car dispatcher
- Ensuring the safety of the passengers and the Embassy Cars at all times
- Observing all traffic regulations and maintaining a clean driving history
- Researching traffic conditions and deciding the optimal route to your destination
- Confirming your car schedule with passengers and /or Embassy guest liaisons
- Greeting and assisting official guests to the Embassy when their Embassy liaison is not present
- Handling incoming and outgoing deliveries to/from the Embassy
- Keeping the Embassy cars clean
- Completing daily record sheets of your activities
- Submitting gasoline usage reports to the car dispatcher on a monthly basis
- Performing maintenance on your car and reporting these activities to the Accounting Section
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- Clean Driving Record
- Limousine Service Experience
- Fluent in English
- Familiarity with the Roads in the Washington Metro Area
- E-mail the items below to email@example.com by April 8, 2022.
- Cover Letter
- All pages of a current 7-Year driving record from the MVA or DMV
- Health Certificate Signed by a Qualifying Physician
- The Medical Examiner's Certificate (MEC), Form MCSA-5876 certificate can be found at https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/regulations/medical/medical-examiners-certificate-commercial-driver-medical-certification
Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.