The Japan Information & Culture Center (JICC), Embassy of Japan, is seeking a highly
motivated, team-oriented individual for the position of Educational Programs Coordinator. The
main responsibilities of this position include coordinating and presenting educational programs
on Japan and Japanese culture, creating engaging educational content, managing the Embassy
of Japan’s involvement in the Embassy Adoption Program, and managing the internship
program. Please see below for a more detailed list of responsibilities.
The Embassy offers group health insurance coverage, paid vacation, and sick leave. Working
hours are 9 AM – 5 PM, Monday through Friday with weeknight and/or weekend events several
times a month (paid overtime). Salary is commensurate with experience. The minimum basic
monthly salary for this position is $3, 500.
Please note: Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. green card holder. Screening will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Only successful candidates will be contacted. All candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.
- Design, coordinate and present Educational Programs on Japan and Japanese culture for audiences ranging from elementary school students to professionals both in-person and virtually;
- Promote the Educational Program and maintain a reservation schedule;
- Maintain program records and compile data quarterly;
- Coordinate and lead JICC participation in the Embassy Adoption Program;
- Manage the internship program including publicity, hiring, and supervision;
- Create virtual/online educational content such as newsletters, videos, and more;
- Assist in the organization and execution of cultural events;
- Disseminate information on Japan to the public; respond to public inquiries on Japan;
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Bilingual in Japanese and English
- Deep knowledge and appreciation of Japanese culture
- Strong public speaking skills and experience delivering presentations
- High level of professionalism and respect
- Flexibility and resourcefulness
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organized and able to multi-task with varying deadlines
- Computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Team-oriented self-starter
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Teaching experience or experience working with children
- Video editing skills (Adobe Premiere Pro; iMovie, etc.)
- Adobe Creative Suite and/or Canva or other creative platforms familiarity
- Research skills
Email your resume, cover letter, and a copy of your university transcript(s) (need not be official) in PDF format to: email@example.com.
Please note in the subject line of your e-mail "Educational Programs Coordinator".
Please no phone calls.
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.
You can download a PDF copy of this job description and application instructions by clicking here.