News & Recent Updates
Welcome to the JICC's website! For the most frequent updates and Japan-related news and links, please "like" us on Facebook and join our growing community.
- 12/11: The incredible true story of the multiethnic baseball team KANO and their miraculous journey to the 1931 Koshien Baseball Tournament in Osaka.
- 12/2 & 12/3: In celebration of the Freer|Sackler's retrospective of B-movie visionary Seijun Suzuki, the JICC presents two rare classics from his Nikkatsu Studios heyday.
- 11/16-12:14: The Japan Information and Culture Center (JICC) invites you to participate in our sixth annual Nengajo New Year's Card Contest!
- 11/18: In this cool, seductive jewel of Japanese New Wave cinema, a yakuza fresh out of prison becomes entangled with a beautiful and enigmatic gambling addict.
- 11/13: In its entire history, the Royal Space Force hasn't been able to achieve solid results. One member, Shirotsugh, meets a girl who preaches God's word, and his destiny changes, leading him to volunteer to be a space pilot...
- 10/26-12/28: Join us as we celebrate World Origami Days with creative origami artwork from Hiromi Ashlin, Sy Chen, Jim Weir, Giang Dinh, Wen-Li Lu, and Grace Kim!
- 10/28: A boy named Wataru finds himself in the fantasy world of Vision on a quest to change his destiny and along the way discovers the strength and bravery he holds in himself.
- 10/21: In a strange twist of fate, an out-of-luck actor, Sakurai, swaps identities with a notorious hit man, Kondo, in this comedic escapade from famed Japanese filmmaker Kenji Uchida.
- 10/6: Join us for an evening of Japanese and English music played by premier band members from each branch of the Japan Self Defense Force (SDF)!
- 9/21-11/21: The Japan Information and Culture Center (JICC) and the Japan-America Society of Washington DC (JASW) invite you to participate in our Autumn 2015 Haiku Contest.
- 9/21: The Japan Information and Culture Center (JICC) and the Japan-America Society of Washington DC (JASWDC) invite you to a panel discussion on English-language haiku with a very special announcement at the end!
- 9/24: An exciting presentation of four short-films by emerging female Japanese directors will be shown as part of the New York Japan CineFest 2015 at the JICC!
- 9/16: A mysterious young woman makes a business of renting feline friends to those in need of companionship - men and women, young and old.
- 8/24: Participate in our JICC Japan Instagram Photo Contest!
- 8/28: Young Seita and his sister Setsuko are orphaned and struggle to survive in this heartbreaking story about the casualties of war.
- 8/19: Set during the war, the final film from director Kaneto Shindo tells the story of a soldier, Keita, who has been entrusted with a postcard from a comrade. After the war, he finds his comrade’s wife, Tomoko, and witnesses the tragic life she has led.
We are grateful to all of the people of the United States for your assistance and support. Please visit the main page of the Embassy of Japan for the latest updates on Great East Japan Earthquake recovery efforts. To learn how you can help, please click here.
Wednesday, November 18 | 6:30pm | JICC
The incredible true story of the multiethnic (Japanese, Taiwanese, aboriginal) baseball team from Kagi Agricultural School (KANO) in Taiwan and their miraculous journey to the 1931 Koshien Baseball Tournament in Osaka.
October 26 - December 28 | 9AM-5PM | JICC
Join us as we celebrate World Origami Days with creative origami artwork from Hiromi Ashlin, Sy Chen, Jim Weir, Giang Dinh, Wen-Li Lu, and Grace Kim!