Embassy Main Office
- AMBASSADOR: Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Japan to the United States of America TOMITA Koji
- ADDRESS: 2520 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20008 [MAP]
- OPEN: Monday-Friday*
- HOURS: 9:00am-12:30pm, 2:00pm-5:30pm daily
- PHONE: 202-238-6700 (Main)
- FAX: 202-328-2187
Emergency assistance is available on a 24 hour basis.
Consular Office (DC, MD, VA residents only)
Please read our visa page before contacting us.
- OPEN: Monday-Friday (See Embassy Holidays Below)
- HOURS: 9:15am-12:30pm,1:30pm-4:30pm
- PHONE: 202-238-6800
- PHONE HOURS: 9:00am-12:30pm, 1:30pm-5:00pm
- FAX: 202-328-2184
- For inquiries about entry Visa of Japan or other consular services, please contact the Embassy/Consulate of Japan which has jurisdiction over your residential address. At the Embassy of Japan in Washington, D.C., we ONLY accept visa applications from DC, MD, and VA residents. (List of Embassy/Consulates in the U.S.).
- Visa application drop-off: morning only/Visa pick-up: afternoon only
Japan Information & Culture Center
- OPEN: Monday - Friday (See Embassy Holidays Below)
- HOURS: 9:00am-5:00pm
- PHONE: 202-238-6900
- E-MAIL: email@example.com
- WEB: https://www.us.emb-japan.go.jp/jicc/index.html
JET Program USA
2022 Embassy Holidays
|JANUARY||3（Mon）New Year’s Holiday (J)
17（Mon）Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
23（Wed）The Emperor’s Birthday (J)
|MARCH||21（Mon）Vernal Equinox Day (J)|
|JUNE||20（Mon）Juneteenth Day Observed|
23（Fri）Autumnal Equinox Day (J)
|OCTOBER||10（Mon）Columbus Day / Sports Day (J)|
25（Fri）Day After Thanksgiving
|DECEMBER||26（Mon）Christmas Day Observed
29（Thu）Year-end Holiday (J)
30（Fri）Year-end Holiday (J)
In case of adverse weather conditions, Embassy of Japan follows the guideline of U.S. Federal Government. When the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) announces Level 5 “Federal agencies in the Washington,D.C.,area are CLOSED”, Embassy of Japan along with VISA section will be closed accordingly.
For the most updated operating status and schedules in DC area, please visit: http://www.opm.gov/status/