Embassy Main Office
- AMBASSADOR: Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Japan to the United States of America TOMITA Koji
- ADDRESS: 2520 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20008 [MAP]
- OPEN: Monday-Friday*
- HOURS: 9:00am-12:30pm, 2:00pm-5:30pm daily
- PHONE: 202-238-6700 (Main)
- FAX: 202-328-2187
Emergency assistance is available on a 24 hour basis.
Consular Office (DC, MD, VA residents only)
In order to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), the Consular Section has modified several operations and services. We are anticipating longer than usual wait times at the consular office and phone/email inquiries, therefore, please also consider to contact Japan Visa Information Hotline (24/7 available).
- OPEN: Monday-Friday (See Embassy Holidays Below)
- HOURS: 9:15am-12:30pm,1:30pm-4:30pm
- PHONE: 202-238-6800
- PHONE HOURS: 9:00am-12:30pm, 1:30pm-5:00pm
- FAX: 202-328-2184
- IMPORTANT: The Embassy of Japan requests that all visa applicants please call the Consular Office (TEL: 202-238-6800) before visiting to apply for a visa. *Please call again later if a staff member is unable to respond to your call the first time.
- For inquiries about entry Visa of Japan or other consular services, please contact the Embassy/Consulate of Japan which has jurisdiction over your residential address. At the Embassy of Japan in Washington, D.C., we ONLY accept visa applications from DC, MD, and VA residents. (List of Embassy/Consulates in the U.S.).
- Visa application drop-off: morning only/Visa pick-up: afternoon only
Japan Information & Culture Center
- OPEN: Monday - Friday (See Embassy Holidays Below)
- HOURS: 9:00am-5:00pm
- PHONE: 202-238-6900
- E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEB: https://www.us.emb-japan.go.jp/jicc/index.html
JET Program USA
2022 Embassy Holidays
|JANUARY||3（Mon）New Year’s Holiday (J)
17（Mon）Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
23（Wed）The Emperor’s Birthday (J)
|MARCH||21（Mon）Vernal Equinox Day (J)|
|JUNE||20（Mon）Juneteenth Day Observed|
23（Fri）Autumnal Equinox Day (J)
|OCTOBER||10（Mon）Columbus Day / Sports Day (J)|
25（Fri）Day After Thanksgiving
|DECEMBER||26（Mon）Christmas Day Observed
29（Thu）Year-end Holiday (J)
30（Fri）Year-end Holiday (J)
In case of adverse weather conditions, Embassy of Japan follows the guideline of U.S. Federal Government. When the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) announces Level 5 “Federal agencies in the Washington,D.C.,area are CLOSED”, Embassy of Japan along with VISA section will be closed accordingly.
For the most updated operating status and schedules in DC area, please visit: http://www.opm.gov/status/